Dussehra is an important festival in India. It is largely celebrated by the Hindus. It falls in the month of September-October. Dussehra is celebrated twenty days earlier than Diwali.
Vijayadashami (Devanagari: विजयदशमि ) (Kannada: ವಿಜಯದಾಶಿಮಿ), also known as Dasara, Dusshehra (Devanagari: दशहर) (Kannada: ದಸರಾ ಹಬ್ಬ) is a major Hindu festival celebrated at the end of Navratri every year.
It marks the victory of Lord Rama over the demon king Ravana. Ram symbolizes good and Ravana represents evil.
It is celebrated by the Hindu people in the happiness of winning of Lord Rama over the demon king Ravana. The festival of Dussehra indicates the victory of truth over evil power.
The day Lord Rama got the victory by killing the demon king Ravana started celebrating as the Dussehra festival by the people from ancient time.
When is Dussehra 2018 Date, Wishes, And Images
This year Dussehra is celebrated on 30th September 2018 with full happiness and enjoyment.
Dussehra is observed for different reasons and celebrated differently in various parts of the Indian subcontinent.In the eastern and northeastern states of India, Vijayadashami marks the end of Durga Puja, remembering goddess Durga’s victory over the buffalo demon to help restore Dharma.
In the northern, southern and western states, the festival is synonymously called Dussehra (also spelled Dasara, Dashahara). These regions, it marks the end of “Ramlila” and remembers God Rama’s victory over the demon Ravana.
Dussehra 2018 Date, Wishes, Images
- A time for celebration, A time for victory of good over bad, A time when the world sees the example of the power of good. Let us continue the same ‘True’ spirit. Blessing of Dussehra!!!
- An auspicious day to start with any good work
It was today that good won victory over bad
May this day clear all hurdles of your life and start new era of well-being
- Adharm par Dharm ki Jeet
Asatya par Satya ki Vijay ka
Vijaydashmi ki Hardik Shubhkamnayen!!!!
- Just as Lord Ram eradicated all evil from the earth by destroying Ravan, I wish that you also successfully banish all negative thoughts from your mind. Have a happy and prosperous Dusshera.
- May all the tensions in your life burn along with the effigy of Ravana. May you be successful and happy ever! Happy Dussehra!!!
- Everyday sun rise to give us a message
that darkness will always be beaten by light.
Let us follow the same natural rule
and enjoy the festival of the victory of good over the evil.
- I pray that you develop all the qualities of Lord Rama;
And be an ideal son, a perfect brother and an idyllic husband.
- May all your tensions burn along with the effigy of Ravana and may you lead a blissful and peaceful life!
- On this special Day, As we Celebrate valor & courage, Triumph of good over evil, wish you success & happiness in Everything you do… Happy Dussehra!!!
- In your life, may the good triumph over evil; and may you achieve the strength and courage to follow the path of righteousness!
Stay tuned with us for more updates.